Monday, March 14, 2016

Magnificent March!

So if your day depends on your outlook, then I am starting out with a positive perspective on today. I have stayed home from work with a migraine and a sick child. BUT, the sun is shining and as I type this post I have another child pulling my arm begging for a snack. Mommy's job is never done. (pause to get snack)

Having planned to go to work today, lunches were already packed, so my day will be smother with that out of the way. I have been working on lesson plans and turning in grades for the 3rd quarter - 3rd quarter? Yes, it really is that close to the end of the year. And for the first time in my life I am considering the world of HOMESCHOOLING! I can't believe I just typed the "H" word.

My head has been spinning since sitting down with my husband and finally deciding that this is the path we are going to adventure. I use the word adventure because it is the way I see it. It will be an experience, and that is how I want to look at it. It may be good, it may be bad, either way it will be an experience from which our whole family will learn.

I have been researching online and picking the brains of other homeschooling families that I have met and have known. I respect all families for doing what they feel best for the education of their children, but I really have to ask myself- What is right for my family? I learned that there are so many different methods of schooling, and coming from my background of teaching, I am confused as to where to start. I have only ever known Traditional education - learning the facts. But there are other options out there. Some sound interesting and possible while others sound completely ridiculous to the everyday classroom structured teacher.

This is the quest I will begin in the coming months. A whole new world , a different way of life, and a lot of time at home with my children (YIKES). I will try to keep  tabs on my progress. Right now we are looking for curriculum. Any thoughts? I covet your opinions, and I understand that they are your opinions! (wink)


0 comments: