Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dealing with reality.

I know that I am not the only one in the world dealing with circumstances good or bad. BUT when they become difficult or unbearable it is nice to know that I am not alone. When my youngest brother died almost 8 years ago, so many cards came in the mail as encouragement to me and my family. In recent years I have met countless other who also have lost loved ones in similar tragedies. Last week during our Super Conference at Church, the special music team (The Crumptons) gave testimony of losing their 15 year old son two years ago. It was sudden - like we lost our Johnny. What a blessing to my heart it was to see them still serving the Lord in song and music.
Recently we took our 1 year old to the allergist for a skin test. I felt that he might have allergies to our cat or to dairy because of some skin irritation he has been having for some time. Come to find out - it was not dairy nor the cat. I thought surely he must have an allergy to seafood like myself, but even that was negative. He is allergic to peanuts and wheat according to the skin test. Are you kidding me? Peanuts is no big deal. My niece is allergic to that so I wasn't surprised by that one. WHEAT is in so much stuff! I immediately began researching everything on the internet about wheat allergies and what foods don't have wheat and so forth. We purchased several snack foods at Earth Fare and planned a date to get lab work done. We knew a blood test would be more accurate. In the meantime, a simple post on Facebook invited several friend's comments and encouragement to remind me that I was not alone. Tho the blood test proved the wheat to be negative, we still need to be very cautious of peanuts. I am so grateful to know that even though the wheat turned out to be a false alarm, I know I have friends out there who are willing to encourage me. They remind me that in the worst circumstances I can probably find someone out there who can relate to me and even then I am sure to find others who are worse off. Thank you friends for bringing me to reality. AND thank you God for giving me such friends!

0 comments: